In compliance with Royal Decree Law 13/2012, of March 30 and Law 34/2002 on Services of the Information Society and Electronic Commerce, BIOITHAS, SL provides users with information regarding the cookies it uses and the reason of their use, as well as requesting your consent to use them.
There are different types of cookies
According to the entity that manages it:
- Own cookies: are those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: are those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the editor, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through cookies.
According to the amount of time that they remain activated in the terminal equipment:
- Session cookies: are a type of cookies designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page.
- Persistent cookies: are a type of cookies in which the data is still stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed during a period defined by the person responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
According to the purpose for which the data obtained through cookies are processed:
- Technical cookies: are those that allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and the use of the different options or services that exist in it, such as, for example, controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, access parts of restricted access, remember the elements that make up an order, carry out the process of purchasing an order, make a request for registration or participation in an event, use security elements while browsing, store content for dissemination of videos or sound or share content through social networks.
- Personalization cookies: are those that allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics based on a series of criteria in the user’s terminal, such as the language, the type of browser through which the service is accessed. , the regional configuration from where you access the service, etc.
- Analysis cookies: are those that allow the person responsible for them to monitor and analyze the behavior of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookies is used to measure the activity of the websites, application or platform and to create navigation profiles of the users of said sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements in based on the analysis of the usage data made by the users of the service.
- Advertising cookies: are those that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, the editor has included in a web page, application or platform from which the requested service is provided based on criteria like the edited content or the frequency in which the ads are shown.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: are those that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, the editor has included in a web page, application or platform from which the requested service is provided. These cookies store information on the behavior of users obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows the development of a specific profile to display advertising based on it.
Cookies are a tool used by web servers to store and retrieve information about their visitors. They are small files deposited on the user’s computer to keep a record of their preferences and remember them on their return.
The application we use to obtain and analyze navigation information is Google Analytics:
This tool does not obtain personal data from users, nor the postal address from which they connect. The cookies used by BIOITHAS allow us to store only statistical information, such as, for example, the number of pages visited, the user’s language, the social network where our news is published, the number of users who visit us, the time of visit, the browser used, the operator or type of DEVICE from which the visit is made, among others.
The user can freely decide about the implantation or not, on their hard drive, of the cookies used. In this sense, we remind you that you can prevent the registration of cookies by configuring your browser to accept or reject, by default, all cookies. However, to benefit from all the functions of the site, we recommend that you configure your browser to accept cookies, which have been designed for the exclusive use of BIOITHAS.
To prevent the recording of cookies, configure your computer by following these steps (Windows operating system):
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Select in the menu “Tools” and then “Options”.
- Click on the “Privacy” icon.
- Select the desired options in the “cookies” menu.
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Select the “Tools” menu and then “Internet Options.”
- Click on the “Confidentiality” tab.
- Select the desired level with the cursor.
For Microsoft Internet Explorer 5:
- Select the “Tools” menu and then “Internet Options.”
- Click on the “Security” tab.
- Select “Internet” and then “Custom level”.
- Select the desired option in the “cookies” section.
For Google Chrome:
- Click on the Google Chrome menu icon.
- Select Settings.
- Click on Show advanced options, which you will find towards the bottom of the page.
- In the “Privacy” section, click on Content Settings.
- To allow first party and third-party cookies, select the option “Allow local data to be set.” If you only want to accept first-party cookies, check the checkbox next to “Block site data and third-party cookies.”
- Select the menu “File” and “Preferences”
- Go to “Security” in Safari’s “Preferences” window.
- Find the “Show Cookies” button at the bottom of the screen and click on it. This will bring up a window with a list of all the cookies stored on your computer.
- Select each cookie to get details, such as when it was installed, what site it came from, and what it contains.